• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Member Walkin

Keev12

Not sure where to start but I'm a full time real estate broker, Highschool Volleyball Coach and online entrepreneur with a knack for cooking, fishing and photography.

I recently took on a side project and looking to learn some new recipes and techniques that I can integrate with wild rice specifically.  

You probably wondering why wild rice? The short version my wife's family has a lake house in Northern Minnesota and upon multiple trips each summer for a couple weeks of recharging the batteries if you will I noticed everywhere I went wild rice was sold in boutique gift shops and an integral part of Minnesota Culture much like one would expect to eat key lime pies in South Florida or Coconuts or Macadamia Nuts in Hawaii.   

So I reached out to a friend and began learning about wild rice, meeting farmers and locals who harvest it....  So about a year ago I started working on putting together recipes and a cook book in time and I stumbled upon this forum to start learning where and how I can showcase the ingredient and help local farmers in northern Minnesota sell wild rice online. 

I hope that in time I can learn from this group and help others where I can... 

• Like 3

I, too, love wild rice. I like making a salad with wild rice, roasted sweet potato chunks, and a balsamic vinaigrette. That’s as close as I can get to a recipe, but maybe it’s a starting point.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com