• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Extinct Colorado Apple Found

Toliver

"Colorado couple's 20-year search for extinct fruit finally pays off"

On a crisp December afternoon, as the sun slowly fell behind the nearby Sawatch Range, Addie and Jude Schuenemeyer stared at a nearly dead tree, a few apples dangling off its last living branch.
"In that moment, I felt hope," recalls Addie.
But was this moment when the sun finally set on their nearly 20-year hunt for something many long believed was extinct?

A search for a thought-to-be-extinct Colorado apple bears literal fruit.

To those who go to read the article, keep scrolling down. I thought the article was ended only to find more of it further down the page, then more further down the page and so on. Odd format.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Nice read, I enjoyed it. Did you read it on a phone? I'm on my laptop and I didn't run into that formatting oddness you mentioned. The article runs down the left side and ads/links to other articles down the right. Maybe the layout gets squeezed on smaller screens? 

• Like 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.