• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ambra

ambra

Everyone’s meals look amazing this week!

@Shelby, thank you tons! It’s just been the same old, same old meals around here. 

@Franci, love grilled fish! Congrats on the move!

@liamsaunt, those potatoes look amazing, did you just coat them in oil and roast? Or boil first? 

@Captain, that Yorkshire is a thing of beauty!

So here you have pasta e ceci. I used fresh trofie, because that’s what I had, it’s not its usual pasta. After you boil the chick peas, you saute garlic in olive oil, add rosemary, add the ceci, add the cooking water. Then you puree half the chick peas, add the pasta to the same pot, add the pureed chick peas back to the pot, let the pasta cook through, adding water as needed. Finish with raw oil.

IMG_9033.jpg.75e0640af1719ac7c4849c2f7f74f5cb.jpg

Then you have passata di verdure, which is just minestrone (onions, carrot, celery, zucchini, tomato, cabbage, Borlotti beans, leek, chard, some kind of orange squash/pumpkin) that has been hit with the immersion blender. It might look unappetizing, but we like it. 😉  My son likes more pasta than soup, so this was his portion, but we like more soup that pasta.

IMG_8640.jpg.8e296162c1baa5db4d8835f221c36e8b.jpg

This was our tester/taste of what was going to become Sabich sandwiches. We used a mini pita to make sure the sauces were right. The tahina was thinned out after this and the amba was left as is (was deciding to leave it on the chunky side or run it through the blender). The picture of the whole sandwich came out too blurry. :(

IMG_9051.jpg.1e9791a592954b9f4b0ffae94eb57797.jpg

For dessert mini kiwis, called arguta kiwis here. They were delicious.

IMG_8675.jpg.9dbfcf6dddbbbc27a469dc10b5dc4116.jpg

ambra

ambra

Everyone’s meals look amazing this week!

@Shelby, thank you tons! It’s just been the same old, same old meals around here. 

@Franci, love grilled fish! Congrats on the move!

@liamsaunt, those potatoes look amazing, did you just coat them in oil and roast? Or boil first? 

@Captain, that Yorkshire is a thing of beauty!

So here you have pasta e ceci. I used fresh trofie, because that’s what I had, it’s not its usual pasta. After you boil the chick peas, you saute garlic in olive oil, add rosemary, add the ceci, add the cooking water. Then you puree half the chick peas, add the pasta to the same pot, add the pureed chick peas back to the pot, let the pasta cook through, adding water as needed. Finish with raw oil.

IMG_9033.jpg.75e0640af1719ac7c4849c2f7f74f5cb.jpg

Then you have passata di verdure, which is just minestrone (onions, carrot, celery, zucchini, tomato, cabbage, Borlotti beans, leek, chard, some kind of orange squash/pumpkin) that has been hit with the immersion blender. It might look unappetizing, but we like it. 😉  My son likes more pasta than soup, so this was his portion, but we like more soup that pasta.

IMG_8640.jpg.8e296162c1baa5db4d8835f221c36e8b.jpg

This was our tester/taste of what was going to become Sabich sandwiches. We used a mini pita to make sure the sauces were right. The tahina was thinned out after this and the amba was left as is (was deciding to leave it a big chunky or run it through the blender). The picture of the whole sandwich came out too blurry. :(

IMG_9051.jpg.1e9791a592954b9f4b0ffae94eb57797.jpg

For dessert mini kiwis, called arguta kiwis here. They were delicious.

IMG_8675.jpg.9dbfcf6dddbbbc27a469dc10b5dc4116.jpg