• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

hello everyone

akonsu

Hello, my name is Konstantin, I registered just a few days ago. I found this site in web search results, when I was looking for information on chocolate tempering, etc, and realized right away that it is worthwhile to join. Maybe I will learn a thing or two. Because I just started doing this, and I do it on my own. I do not go to a culinary school, nothing like that. I am an engineer, and I do not know what happened, but gradually I developed a strong interest in baking and sugar confectionery. Never did it before. Specifically, I want to learn how to make spiced cookies. This is a very popular treat in Russia, this is where I am from originally. Since Germany also has very similar types of cookies/pies, I am interested in their spiced cookies and breads too. But again, I barely started, and it turned out that baking is not an easy task, especially baking spiced breads.

• Like 3

Welcome, Konstantin, from the other side of the state. I used to live in Detroit, but it's been over 30 years now. 

I've made these easy and addictive cookies: Nik Sharma's Spicy Chocolate Chip - Hazelnut Cookies

Edited by Alex
to fix spelling (log)

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

Read to children. Vote. And never buy anything from a man who's selling fear. -Mary Doria Russell, science-fiction writer