• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

I forgot the wine!

Well, I was worried that the frozen shrimp (with quite a bit of ice) would produce too much liquid, so I actually put them in room temperature water before the sous vide which thawed them in minutes. Then I dried the shrimp.

I sautéed some fresh garlic in butter and chipotle olive oil, added some Rosé and reduced, cooled it, then added to bags of shrimp and salmon. Water bath for shrimp at 125F and salmon at 114F, both done for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile I boiled some spaghetti (whole wheat, durum and quinoa flours)

Chopped avocado, cucumber, parsley, sunflower seeds, lime zest and juice of one lime.

Sous vide shrimp and salmon pasta

(Not sure why the image rotated when I inserted it; can't find any way to rotate it back!)

TdeV

TdeV

Well, I was worried that the frozen shrimp (with quite a bit of ice) would produce too much liquid, so I actually put them in room temperature water before the sous vide which thawed them in minutes. Then I dried the shrimp.

I sautéed some fresh garlic in butter and chipotle olive oil, cooled it, then added to bags of shrimp and salmon.

Water bath for shrimp at 125F and salmon at 114F, both done for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile I boiled some spaghetti (whole wheat, durum and quinoa flours)

Chopped avocado, cucumber, parsley, sunflower seeds, lime zest and juice of one lime.

Sous vide shrimp and salmon pasta

(Not sure why the image rotated when I inserted it; can't find any way to rotate it back!)