• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

The new cast iron griddle arrived broken. GE overnighted a new one double boxed with bubble wrap and stamped GLASS FRAGILE.  I seasoned it yesterday and took it for a test drive today with some steak.  The New York Times called the potatoes Mock Frites but the last time I made them from a different recipe, they were called Smashed Potatoes. What was different was a compound butter with these. Either way they were good.  At a restaurant a couple years ago, Cassie ordered a Bourbon Steak.  The first thing that came to mind was heresy but she gave me a bite and it was good.  I made the recipe at home a month or so later and decided to do it again today. The steak was marinated in bourbon, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.  The green beans were left overs.

20171110_175600.jpg

20171110_180008.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

The new cast iron griddle arrived broken. GE overnighted a new one double boxed with bubble wrap and stamped GLASS FRAGILE.  I seasoned it yesterday and took it for a test drive today with some steak.  The New York Times called the potatoes Mock Frites but the last time I made them from a different recipe, they were called Smashed Potatoes. Either way they were good.  At a restaurant a couple years ago, Cassie ordered a Bourbon Steak.  The first thing that came to mind was heresy but she gave me a bite and it was good.  I made the recipe at home a month or so later and decided to do it again today. The steak was marinated in bourbon, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.  The green beans were left overs.

20171110_175600.jpg

20171110_180008.jpg