• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

spelling

Something may be said for cooking bare out of the shower.  Not only are you clean, but when you slop tomato paste down your front you don't have to change your clothes.

Anyhow, last night was Le Bernardin Fish Soup.

Mise210222017.png

Some of the mise.  Often I wish I had a sous chef.  Particularly when a recipe calls for "2 large heads of garlic, cloves smashed and peeled". 

Cooked10222017.png

After a couple hours, cooked soup, Alaskan halibut in this case, ready to be passed though Mouli.

LeBernardinFishSoup10222017.png

Le Bernardin Fish Soup, finished with white pepper and cayenne.  (Though I cheated and used Piment d'Espelette because I can.)  Served with toasted, garlic rubbed baguette.  Gruyere and Ruhlman spoon.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

Something may be said for cooking bare out of the shower.  Not only are you clean, but when you slop tomato paste down your front you don't have to change your cloths.

Anyhow, last night was Le Bernardin Fish Soup.

Mise210222017.png

Some of the mise.  Often I wish I had a sous chef.  Particularly when a recipe calls for "2 large heads of garlic, cloves smashed and peeled". 

Cooked10222017.png

After a couple hours, cooked soup, Alaskan halibut in this case, ready to be passed though Mouli.

LeBernardinFishSoup10222017.png

Le Bernardin Fish Soup, finished with white pepper and cayenne.  (Though I cheated and used Piment d'Espelette because I can.)  Served with toasted, garlic rubbed baguette.  Gruyere and Ruhlman spoon.