• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

10 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@HungryChris – how do you heat your crab legs?  I’ve never eaten them or King crab legs at home.  Alton Brown recommends the microwave.

@Kim Shook, I have found that the best  results are gotten when you buy the crab frozen and keep it frozen until you are ready to heat it up. Put it, still frozen, in a steamer basket, in a large covered pot over boiling water and keep the heat on high until about 2  minutes after the steam starts rattling the lid.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

10 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@HungryChris – how do you heat your crab legs?  I’ve never eaten them or King crab legs at home.  Alton Brown recommends the microwave.

@Kim Shook, I have found that the best  results are gotten when you buy the crab frozen and keep it frozen until you are ready to heat it up. Put it, still frozen, in a steamer basket in a large covered pot over boiling water and keep the heat on high until about 2  minutes after the steam starts rattling the lid.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

27 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

@Kim Shook, I have found that the best  results are gotten when you buy the crab frozen and keep it frozen until you are ready to heat it up. Put it, still frozen, in  steamer basket in a large covered pot over boiling water and keep the heat on high until about 2  minutes after the steam starts rattling the lid.

HC