• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Thanks AnnaN, these are truly amazing pots.  I use them at any excuse plus when they are done on the stove top, they make it to the table looking pretty spiffy!

These are my three I have plus an other little one.

The stir fry veggie:  Usually I cook them from fresh but I knew I would be pressed for time finishing everything at the last minute so I decided to blanch all the veggies the day before in well salted water as per "Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat" which left the veggies a nice vibrant colour.  I fried the spices and then added the veggies to reheat.  This worked really well.  I remember ready Roubochon and he says he always blanches his vegetables before cooking. 

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Thanks AnnaN, these are truly amazing pots.  I use them at any excuse plus when they are done on the stove top, they make it to the table looking pretty spiffy!

These are my three I have plus an other little one.