• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

13 hours ago, TicTac said:

Seconded & Third'd!!

I have made ravioli with a similar filling before, the idea of a bechemel (curious to hear your method) on top of it, oh so decadent!

It does work well in ravioli, especially with butter and sage, though I'll skip the cheeses in the filling. 

I can't claim much originality with the bachemel, I simply add the grated cheese to it so that it will melt, then cover the cannelloni and bake. It provides moisture to cook the pasta and since the filling is relatively lean, it does not end up heavy, although a garlicky, creamy and cheesy sauce is definitely decadent. 

shain

shain

10 hours ago, TicTac said:

Seconded & Third'd!!

I have made ravioli with a similar filling before, the idea of a bechemel (curious to hear your method) on top of it, oh so decadent!

It does work well in ravioli, especially with butter and sage, though I I'll skip the cheeses in the filling. 

I can't claim much originality with the bachemel, I simply add the grated cheese to it so that it will melt, then cover the cannelloni and bake. It provides moisture to cook the pasta and since the filling is relatively lean, it does not end up heavy, although a garlicky, creamy and cheesy sauce is definitely decadent.