• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

On 3/14/2017 at 11:13 AM, suzilightning said:

Add some sautéed potatoes and you have eggy potatoes.......ie a semi-frittata.

Oh yes, potatoes would have been good

On 3/14/2017 at 11:23 AM, liuzhou said:

I'd happily eat that. Had to look up Cholula though. What I know about Mexican food could be written on a perforation of a postage stamp.

:D Here Mexican basics are becoming readily available in standard grocery stores. Suits me just fine.

On 3/14/2017 at 11:23 AM, Anna N said:

It does look a bit iffy to be kind but it was quite good.  I took out from the freezer one of the cheese waffles I made a day or so ago, reheated it and dotted it with the last of the Cambozola.  Back under the broiler for a few seconds to soften the cheese and breakfast was served.  

For some reason iffy-looking food is often the best. I try to avoid burdening this thread with my usual egg - tomato - dried chile breakasts because, no matter how delicious, they look quite regrettable.

Is that regrettable-looking food thread still alive? That was one of the funniest things I have ever read.

Edit: Found it!

Dinner II: The Gallery of Regrettable Foods (Part 1)

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

On 3/14/2017 at 11:13 AM, suzilightning said:

Add some sautéed potatoes and you have eggy potatoes.......ie a semi-frittata.

Oh yes, potatoes would have been good

On 3/14/2017 at 11:23 AM, liuzhou said:

I'd happily eat that. Had to look up Cholula though. What I know about Mexican food could be written on a perforation of a postage stamp.

:D Here Mexican basics are becoming readily available in standard grocery stores. Suits me just fine.

On 3/14/2017 at 11:23 AM, Anna N said:

It does look a bit iffy to be kind but it was quite good.  I took out from the freezer one of the cheese waffles I made a day or so ago, reheated it and dotted it with the last of the Cambozola.  Back under the broiler for a few seconds to soften the cheese and breakfast was served.  

For some reason iffy-looking food is often the best. I try to avoid burdening this thread with my usual egg - tomato - dried chile breakasts because, no matter how delicious, they look quite regrettable.

Is that regrettable-looking food thread still alive? That was one of the funniest things I have ever read.