• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

I had six apples to use up and not enough going on in my life, so I made a giant apple rose tart for breakfast this morning. 

Shortcrust pastry base made with orange juice and zest, blind baked, brushed in apricot jam and then with slices of apple fanned out over in. Dusted in ginger, sugar and baked, glazed with stem ginger syrup and more apricot jam and eaten warm.

Them apples; you would like them.

IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

I had six apples to use up and not enough going on in my life, so I made a giant apple rose tart for breakfast this morning. 

Shortcrust pastry base made with orange juice and zest, blind baked, brushed in apricot jam and then with slices of apple fanned out over in. Dusted in ginger, sugar and baked, glazed with stem ginger syrup and more apricot jam and eaten warm.

Them apples; you would like them.

IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2431.JPG