• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

13 hours ago, sartoric said:

I've been meaning to ask @HungryChris, what's in the blue and gold ceramic container ? 

It is beautiful, Italian ?

On a previous trip to Italy, we went to Deruta, a hill town famous for ceramics, and I bought the little container with the birds, that I use as a salt pot.  Over time, I managed to chip the lid, which troubles me to this day, and I often say that I wish I had bought several, because the day that I break it completely, will be a sleepless one for me. We had planned to return to Deruta on our recent trip to Italy, but just never did.  On a day trip to a town called Rada, Deb fell in love with the item you question at a place called Rampini Ceramics and bought it, even though we both thought it was over priced and too big for a salt pot. Later in the trip, I bought the one on the left which is my every day table salt pot (as I am sure you can tell from some of my pics) and the older one, with the birds, has been moved by the stove, so that neither one gets moved as often. To answer your question, we still don't know what to do with the one Deb bought, but Deb just likes to look at it on a regular basis, so I use it to keep the napkins from flying around the room when the A/C is on. I think it currently contains Euros left over from our trip. I know that is way too much information, but it is what it is and thanks for asking.

HC

IMG_0624.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

11 hours ago, sartoric said:

I've been meaning to ask @HungryChris, what's in the blue and gold ceramic container ? 

On a previous trip to Italy, we went to Deruta, a hill town famous for ceramics, and I bought the little container with the birds, that I use as a salt pot.  Over time, I managed to chip the lid, which troubles me to this day, and I often say that I wish I had bought several, because the day that I break it completely, will be a sleepless one for me. We had planned to return to Deruda on our recent trip to Italy, but just never did.  On a day trip to a town called Rada, Deb fell in love with the item you question at a place called Rampini Ceramics and bought it, even though we both thought it was over priced and too big for a salt pot. Later in the trip, I bought the one on the left which is my every day table salt pot (as I am sure you can tell from some of my pics) and the older one, with the birds, has been moved by the stove, so that neither one gets moved as often. To answer your question, we still don't know what to do with the one Deb bought, but Deb just likes to look at it on a regular basis, so I use it to keep the napkins from flying around the room when the A/C is on. I think it currently contains Euros left over from our trip. I know that is way too much information, but it is what it is and thanks for asking.

HC

IMG_0624.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

5 hours ago, sartoric said:

On a previous trip to Italy, we went to Deruda, a hill town famous for ceramics, and I bought the little container with the birds, that I use as a salt pot.  Over time, I managed to chip the lid, which troubles me to this day, and I often say that I wish I had bought several, because the day that I break it completely, will be a sleepless one for me. We had planned to return to Deruda on our recent trip to Italy, but just never did.  On a day trip to a town called Rada, Deb fell in love with the item you question at a place called Rampini Ceramics and bought it, even though we both thought it was over priced and too big for a salt pot. Later in the trip, I bought the one on the left which is my every day table salt pot (as I am sure you can tell from some of my pics) and the older one, with the birds, has been moved by the stove, so that neither one gets moved as often. To answer your question, we still don't know what to do with the one Deb bought, but Deb just likes to look at it on a regular basis, so I use it to keep the napkins from flying around the room when the A/C is on. I think it currently contains Euros left over from our trip. I know that is way too much information, but it is what it is and thanks for asking.

HC

IMG_0624.JPG