• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

KitchenAid food processor, looking for replacement bowl

curls

Looking for a replacement bowl for my KitchenAid food processor. The company no longer has this replacement part. It is the KitchenAid Professional 670, model number KFP670WH. This food processor came with three bowls, a mini-prep bowl, a medium sized bowl, and a large work bowl. The center part of my large work bowl has several cracks in it and I would like to replace it. Anyone have better searching skills, have a spare available for sale, or see one in a thrift shop? Hoping that I don't have to buy a new food processor.

@Lisa Shock are you talking about this one -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331769457978?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82.

Thank you but that is one of the inside bowls, not the exterior bowl (the one with a handle) that I need to replace. If you found, the large work bowl - with handle, would you please send me a link because I can't find it on eBay.

Whoops! Yes, that's the one I saw. if you search on eBay, you can use their option to 'follow this search' and get emails when new items get listed. (look directly under the all listings, auction, and buy it now buttons) This may be your best option. But, I'll keep an eye out when shopping the thrift stores.

• Like 1

I have the same food processor and the same problem! The outer bowl (which is the only one that I ever use) has developed cracks between the center and going across the bottom to the handle. Cannot use it for any liquids due to this problem. I wonder if this is a problem with this model and the company might replace it for free under warranty? I've hardly ever used mine, so it's not "worn out" (or it shouldn't be) . I prefer my smaller Cuisinarts for most purposes. For the occasional big job, I use the attachment for the KA stand mixer 

Edited by kbjesq
fixed the font (log)

34 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Might this one work?

Thanks Kerry. I am not sure... it doesn't list my model as one of the ones that it can replace and it is a slightly curved bowl (mine is straight up & down). But if it fits in the key areas, maybe it would work. Maybe I need to pick up some potential replacement bowls at a store that is good with returns and see what else might work. Also considering using a food grade epoxy to get some more life out of my existing bowl.

@JohnT that might be it. Thank you very much!!! 

Looks like the bowl you found may be a 9-cup bowl vs the 11-cup bowl that I currently have but per the link that you provided, it should still work with my food processor! I have so many attachments for this unit, that I don't want to buy a new one if I can avoid it. Will give this replacement bowl a try. Thanks again!

Edited by curls (log)

On 2/15/2016 at 6:54 PM, kbjesq said:

I have the same food processor and the same problem! The outer bowl (which is the only one that I ever use) has developed cracks between the center and going across the bottom to the handle. Cannot use it for any liquids due to this problem. I wonder if this is a problem with this model and the company might replace it for free under warranty? I've hardly ever used mine, so it's not "worn out" (or it shouldn't be) 

I prefer my smaller Cuisinarts for most purposes. For the occasional big job, I use the attachment for the KA stand mixer 

@kbjesq so sorry that you have the same problem with the food processor bowl. Have you had yours for a long time? I can't remember when I bought mine but I think that I have had it for over ten years. Suspect that my unit is well out of their warranty period. Looks like JohnT has found a supplier for the part if you would like to replace yours.

44 minutes ago, curls said:

@kbjesq so sorry that you have the same problem with the food processor bowl. Have you had yours for a long time? I can't remember when I bought mine but I think that I have had it for over ten years. Suspect that my unit is well out of their warranty period. Looks like JohnT has found a supplier for the part if you would like to replace yours.

I'm not sure when I got mine either, I'm guessing approximately 8 yrs ago . . . I think that I will struggle along with it until it breaks completely.  (It's usable now, just not with liquids).  When that happens, I'll probably look for a replacement bowl or maybe decide to replace the whole thing with a better product.  I regret my decision to give away my robot coupe when I received this KA food processor as a gift!  While the concept is sound (only need one machine but can use several sizes of bowls), in practice, I have found that it is easier to just pull out a smaller food processor when I only need a small quantity.  I find that the smaller bowls really don't work too well with this KA food processor, and the "dough" blade really doesn't perform as advertised.

Many similar reports about issues with KA bowls such as these that started years ago convinced me to buy Cuisinart.  I've had no problems and I've been using mine for at least 10 years now.

• Like 1

On February 18, 2016 at 7:56 PM, lindag said:

Many similar reports about issues with KA bowls such as these that started years ago convinced me to buy Cuisinart.  I've had no problems and I've been using mine for at least 10 years now.

Indeed. Yet at the time when I bought the KitchenAid food processor there were many quality issues with Cuisinart. Unfortunately you have to check the product reports every time you buy an appliance to check what is currently the best model with the least number of issues. All the good brands have their ups and downs.

An update... I ordered the part that JohnT found (http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/4176266/0011/665.html).  It does fit and the food processor will close and run with some attachments. Since it is a 9-cup bowl vs the 11-cup bowl that came with the food processor, the new bowl is not tall enough to work with the attachments that work at the top of the bowl (shredding discs, julienne discs, etc.) works just fine with attachments that work at the bottom of the bowl (blade, dough blade, etc.). Anyway, this should keep me in operation for a while longer. Maybe someday I can upgrade to a Robot Coupe!