• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Documenting sous vide help

Samo154

What sort of establishment are you (restaurant, prepared food, catering, etc.)?  Where are you located?  What you're required to have generally is a matter of local regulation.  And if what they require is a HACCP plan, that's not a form.

So, you need a HACCP plan, right?  At least that's how I read the Manchester Food Services Code.  See He-P 2331.09 (pp.87-89).  As mentioned, that's not a form.  In fact, it's pretty darned complicated.  Frankly, Dave Arnold argues you're better off avoiding the issue by not using a vacuum.  Whether this works in Manchester is more than I know.

By the way, what are you cooking (or wanting to cook) sous vide?

Unfortunately, the internal links in that checklist no longer work.  Digging around on their website, though, turned up a link to the USDA's HACCP-Based Standard Operating Procedures, which seems to have been the original source of the procedures and logs they recommend

Samo, you also should download the document referenced in the third paragraph of that page, which explains how these forms fit into HACCP plans.

Actually, I had opened your link as a webpage, but the internal links won't work for me in Firefox.  (It's also possible that's a configuration problem.)  Tried again in Explorer.  There, they worked for everything except the cooking log, which appears to have gone missing on Southern Nevada's website.  It is available, though, Samo, on the page I linked above, both as a Word doc and as a pdf.

Edited by pbear (log)