• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seeking Italian Sausage with Fennel in SF Bay Area

Shel_B

Looking for a good quality sweet Italian sausage with fennel in the San Francisco Bay Area.  It can be a quality national brand or, probably more to my liking, a good quality local brand.  Molinari makes a pretty good version, but is there something better or more interesting.  It'll be used in a Sunday gravy and eventually in a few other dishes, like sausage and onions or sausage and peppers.  Any suggestions from our Bay Area contingent?

... Shel

My friend lives in  SF or near the Marina!!

I'm thinking this is it:  or they will KNOW

Lucca deli. on Chestnut. St  __  I would think they make sassicia

http://www.luccadeli.com/

I would call and ask!!

Cheers

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)
  • Like 1

Its good to have Morels

Many years ago I used to get them from Ratto's in Oakland. Not sure if they are even around any more.

Ratto's is still around.  Rarely get to that area any more, but I'll call and ask what they have.  Last time I checked, they were carrying Molinari, but hey, times change.

... Shel

I am pretty sure you can get good Italian sweet sausages at Piedmont Grocery and absolutely sure you can get them at the Pasta Shop or maybe even the meat market in Market Hall. That should be close enough to Berkeley for you. For that matter I think there are charcuterie people who sell at the Berkeley Farmers Market who may have them. Contact Fifth Quarter and see if they make a fennel sausage--they are at the Saturday Berkeley Market on Center St. Maybe even Whole Foods on Ashby/Tel. I don't shop much in Berkeley, but there's gotta be something besides Molinari at a variety of places.