• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking recombined duck and sirloin in Sous Vide

vrghost

So, have decided that I should play around with some meat glue (transglutaminase) to make a hopefully rather interesting dish, got some inspiration from the "playing with fire and ice" blog.

So in short, I thought I would cut the sirloin and the duck breast and combine it using meat glue (Activa EB), so that I would end up with a square saussage looking thing that has a checkers patern of sirloin and duck inside. Eventually I will cut this into slices and serve.

So here starts the questions.

At first I thought I would just prepare the meat tomorrow, glue it together and leave it to settle over night, then cut it up, run it vacum bags for a number of hours then take it out and brown it, but it seems like there are some different ciews on the best way to do this.

So anyone have any suggestions, think the options are

Run the meats in the sous vide separately first

Then cut strips and glue

Leave overnight

Brown before serving

cut combine glue (saussage state)

Leave over night

Soue Vide the whole steak as if it was a sunday roast

Take out, slice

Brow before cooking

Or any other suggestions.

Have never used meat glue before, so thought this was an interesting first experimentsf-cool.gif