• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dip for veggies: ideas?

Beusho

I'm planning on blanching some broccoli and carrots for lunch during work. Looking for ideas for a dip. Normally I buy the four cheese dip from a nice take away bistro and microwave it, it's pretty tasty but lately I'm trying to save money and cut out my expendable funds. May add some raw mushrooms to mix, not sure if sous viding them and refrigerating would work so may keep them raw. Any ideas on a good dip for this. Any ideas?

“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”

You can mix minced herbs and veggies with cream cheese, if you buy the big 3lb block at Costco or Smart & Final, you'll save some money. You can do a lot with cream cheese, like add olives or salsa or pickles, etc.

You could make hummus in a variety of ways, that's very economical.

Pesto is good, but pricey.

• Like 1

Hummus, or perhaps even a baba ganoush. Maybe an eggplant hummus, which works quite nicely with broccoli and carrots. That's something we enjoy when watching the news, and we have it with broccoli, carrots, celery ...

... Shel