• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

25 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Yeah, typically classic on these Roman pasta dishes.  If you can ever get your hands on real pecorino Romano from Lazio (i don't think there are many producers left there, but DiPalo's will occasionally have some of the real deal under the counter), it's much different than pecorino from Sardinia or Tuscany. Better? You be the judge.

I think this may be the stuff that is closer to shredded wax. The "real deal" you mention is wonderful and special.

heidih

heidih

23 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Yeah, typically classic on these Roman pasta dishes.  If you can ever get your hands on real pecorino Romano from Lazio (i don't think there are many producers left there, but DiPalo's will occasionally have some of the real deal under the counter), it's much different than pecorino from Sardinia or Tuscany. Better? You be the judge.

I think this may be the stuff that is closer to shredded wax. The "real deal" you mention is wonderful and pecl.