• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Environmentally Friendly Kitchen and Household Products

Shel_B

I needed some parchment paper, and found a product on the shelf that claimed to be environmentally friendlier than typical parchment paper, so I bought it. I later discovered that they have a whole range of environmentally friendly products, and I thought I'd post their web site info here ... if you care.

www.ifyoucare.com

• Like 1

... Shel

I bought some recycled and "green" alu. foil at Whole Food's, so-labelled "heavy duty"....it doesn't hold a candle to Reynold's heavy duty. Harumph.

I appreciate the link. Unfortunately when I just looked I didn't see large, say 200 sheets, quantities of pre-cut flat 12x16 parchment. I stopped using rolled parchment paper several years ago as it kept wanting to curl before I could get cookies, etc on to it. Maybe by the next time I need to order it may be available.

My DW and I use a lot of parchment for dessert baking for the renaissance faires we participate in as well as major cookie production for gifts at Christmas time so this does hold interest for me.

Edited by Porthos (log)

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;