• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking with the Char Broil Oil-less Big Easy Fryer

Dejah

15 hours ago, lemniscate said:

Another cook on the Big Easy.   This time was 6 whole chicken legs (with thigh) and some chicken heart yakitori.  This was an experiment on the yakitori and I think it turned out really good.   So not only can you cook on the inner of the Big Easy, the escaping heat out the top does a nice job as a yakitori grill.  The chicken legs are hanging under the yakitori mesh.

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

Nice ! Chicken heart is one of my all time yakitori favourites 🤗

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Nice ! Chicken heart is one of my all time yakitori favourites 🤗

It was my first try ever at homemade yakitori.  I was buying the chicken quarters at the counter and saw the pan of hearts and thought "Why not?".   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

It was my first try ever at homemade yakitori.  I was buying the chicken quarters at the counter and saw the pan of hearts and thought "Why not?".   

When I was living in Japan, there was a little* yakitori stall down the block. They had an omakase plate, five skewers of chefs choice. While two skewers varied, it always contained hatsu (chicken heart, seasoned with salt & pepper), reba (liver, seasoned with tare, what we would call yakitori sauce) and kawa (skin, seasoned only with salt, but later sprinkled with shichimi togarashi). That and a cold whiskey highball = heaven 🥳

• Like 3