• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

added link

I have some short ribs cooking right now. I adapted Bourdain's recipe in les Halles and went with the recommended time & temperature from Anova for a braise, 24 hours at 82.2C. I see that most people on this thread seem to be going way lower in temperature and I was a bit concerned (it's my first time cooking short ribs with the sous vide), but then I read this little guide from Chef Steps and this was actually one of their options too, for a traditional braise with "fall apart" meat. I am going to find out how I like this tonight or tomorrow night...

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

typo

I have some short ribs cooking right now. I adapted Bourdain's recipe in les Halles and went with the recommended time & temperature from Anova for a braise, 24 hours at 82.2C. I see that most people on this thread seem to be going way lower in temperature and I was a bit concerned (it's my first time cooking short ribs with the sous vide), but then I read this little guide from Chef Steps and this was actually one of their options too, for a traditional braise with "fall apart" meat. I am going to find out how I like this tonight or tomorrow night...

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

I have some short ribs cooking right now. I adapted Bourdain's recipe in les Halles and went with the recommended time & temperature & time from Anova for a braise, 24 hours at 82.2C. I see that most people on this thread seem to be going way lower in temperature and I was a bit concerned (it's my first time cooking short ribs with the sous vide), but then I read this little guide from Chef Steps and this was actually one of their options too, for a traditional braise with "fall apart" meat. I am going to find out how I like this tonight or tomorrow night...