• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Really cool fridge magnets

andiesenji

I think these are just so innovative. I've seen fridge refinishing ideas in the past but nothing that comes anywhere near to these.

Cool just doesn't say enough. Kudu magnets

I especially like the African Animals.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

OMG, must have fishy cat, ooops, and Ola Liola fridge decal magnets. Gnnnnn....

Andie, you're totally evil, you know that? I'm totally going to my local printery to have something similar made up so that shipping doesn't kill me.....

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

Hi, Andie, thanks for posting this. I think the concept is fantastic, but my aesthetic is calling for different choices. I propose a one-off service that will turn the customer's .jpg into a fridge skin. I want mine to look like the *inside*, but with bottles of Grand Dame, lobes of foie gras, a hanging joint of prosciutto, plates of caviar, maybe a Photoshop of my own head on a platter.

Andie!!! Stop it now!!! I so want those African Animals.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Andie thank goodness my new fridge is non magnetic. You have already cost me enough money after I bought the flour mill a few weeks ago after your recommendation !!! (it is great of course)

I thought I was into culinary toys/tools but you absolutely have me and most of eGullet beat 10 to 1!!!

But no no no I am ABSOLUTELY NOT going to buy another new fridge just do I can have a virtual wine cellar in my kitchen. No no no !! :)

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wy4co2

Llyn Strelau

Calgary, Alberta

Canada

I, uh, sorry... :unsure:

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

I, uh, sorry... :unsure:

Hi Andie, sorry for my weird post, not intended to be rude. It is just that you keep finding cool toys/tools and I have very little willpower to resist new stuff, being a collector by nature. Trying to control the impulses though :)

I really enjoy your posts and all the ideas that you share here.

Llyn Strelau

Calgary, Alberta

Canada

It's like a Fathead for your fridge!

I see on their home page that they use a non-U.S. system for the date (day.month.year). Does anyone know where they're based?

Edited by Alex (log)

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"A sense of humor is a measurement of the extent to which you realize that you are trapped in a world almost entirely devoid of reason. Laughter is how you release the anxiety you feel at this knowledge." -Dave Barry, humorist

Read to children. Vote. And never buy anything from a man who's selling fear. -Mary Doria Russell, science-fiction writer

Hi, Andie, thanks for posting this. I think the concept is fantastic, but my aesthetic is calling for different choices. I propose a one-off service that will turn the customer's .jpg into a fridge skin. I want mine to look like the *inside*, but with bottles of Grand Dame, lobes of foie gras, a hanging joint of prosciutto, plates of caviar, maybe a Photoshop of my own head on a platter.

They offer a custom design option.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

They offer a custom design option.

After seeing my post about this on Facebook, one of my friends called as asked if she could use one of my drawings from a couple of decades ago - an Egyptian theme with two basenji dogs. She had bought the drawing (which I had donated) in a fund-raising auction, but like 95% of my artwork, I still hold the copyright.

I gave her permission, written, signed, scanned and sent in an email. I can't wait to see the results...

lstrelau - I posted that as a sort of joke. I was actually sort of replying to the "totally evil" note from PC.

It's like a Fathead for your fridge!

I see on their home page that they use a non-U.S. system for the date (day.month.year). Does anyone know where they're based?

Despite their use of metric measures (industry standard, I believe) and the day-month-year date system (increasingly used in the US, too), the prices are in unqualified $$$s, so that's proabably UD dollars... which suggests thay're US-based. But there's no real information on their site regarding who they are or where they're located, which I find odd.

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org

Hadn't thought of the fridge before, but if you go on Etsy and search for Vinyl decals you will find all sorts of options and they would be completely suitable for decorating your fridge or any other surface. I have a few hanging around at home that I couldn't figure out what to do with and am thinking I may put them in the kitchen...