• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

2 hours ago, FeChef said:

What is IM? Tri-tip is not available in my area. We have Costco's, RD's, BJ's, Sams, and a few mom and pops. None of them carry it, and lets just forget about "special order" its already an over priced cut from what ive heard.

Other then TT, do you suggest another cut?

I was thinking brisket (point only) but then i have to buy a whole packer.

IM=Individual Muscle

Think the seperations between a chicken main breast and chicken tender,  its a natural separation from fascia tissue.  Since Chuck has so many IM,  its going to be rough , my thoughts

I would consider maybe a short ribs or a round.  I have done round cuts that with a longer cook were awesome, or its fun dissecting chuck roast I do it all the time

Brisket sounds good thou too

Paul

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

1 hour ago, FeChef said:

What is IM? Tri-tip is not available in my area. We have Costco's, RD's, BJ's, Sams, and a few mom and pops. None of them carry it, and lets just forget about "special order" its already an over priced cut from what ive heard.

IM=Individual Muscle

Think the seperations between a chicken main breast and chicken tender,  its a natural separation from fascia tissue.  Since Chuck has so many IM,  its going to be rough , my thoughts

I would consider maybe a short ribs or a round.  I have done round cuts that with a longer cook were awesome, or its fun dissecting chuck roast I do it all the time

Paul

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

1 hour ago, FeChef said:

IM=Individual Muscle

I would consider maybe a short ribs or a round.  I have done round cuts that with a longer cook were awesome.

Paul