• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Freezing fresh chili peppers

Darienne

Hahaha, I remember those days, living in Exeter. I was dying for some proper authentic Mexican food. Thankfully, I was only an hour from Michigan and could buy anaheims and poblanos there. I used to buy avocados in Exeter or Grand Bend. 10 for 1.00 because no one every bought them. I guess Guacamole was too exotic too.

I didn't realize that you could buy the peppers in Michigan. Will stop on our way home from Utah next time and load up. I have a young friend who works at a Krogers in Imlay City and I could check with her first. Could stop in Lansing, Flint...

You must be in heaven being back in SoCal. :smile: You can buy all the ingredients you need for Mexican food every day!

I bought them at Meijer( cheaper than Kroger) in Port Huron. You can also check at Superwalmart.

Yes, I'm in Heaven being back in Socal. I've only cooked some basic mexican food. Its so inexpensive and there are so many Mexican restaurants where I live. I will miss the lilacs this year, we dont have those here as they need a cold winter.

Thanks Calipoutine,

We usually do cross at Port Huron, but it might be easier to stop in Imlay city to buy them. I am not at my best in border crossings ...we had a really unpleasant one once... and I'd rather just get it over with when we are so near. My friend who works at Kroger's said she'd make sure they had a goodly supply when we crossed.

Have frozen Poblanos a couple of times now with good results.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.