• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An Egullet Lunch At An American Grill

Rosie

Dbrociner was at the other end of the bar so we didn't talk much, 'sides, he was wearing that Titans jersey. :biggrin:

Do tell?

Tennessee or NY Titans?

(How many readers caught that reference in ngatti's original post?)

No doubt celebrating the Tennesee victory of the previous day. S'okay, I'm a Jets fan anyway. Being an ex NYC boy and all. :smile:

edit: NY Titans :smack on head: Ouch!, how old do you think I am? Hey!, I only remember one season and that was B4 Saint Joe of William and Sir Weeb.

Nick

Edited by ngatti (log)

Lou:  Golf at Alpine as soon as the weather turns again.  The restaurant is beautiful and the food great (those steaks didn't taste fried at all).  

Dbrociner was at the other end of the bar so we didn't talk much, 'sides, he was wearing that Titans jersey. :biggrin:

Rosie is so dreamy :wub:

Thanks all

Nick

Nick, a pleasure, didn't get to talk much but I have no doubts you and I will run into each other soon surrounded by liquor, food and of course Rosie :wub:

By the way Nick, put the lamb chops in the fryer :blink:

David, good talking to you but I will certainly have to maintain a better dress policy as perviously addressed in a previous post about my joint. That was rubbbing salt in a wound after my Giants blew their playoff chances. Are you sure one of my bar cronies didn't slip you a fifty to break my chops.

Split it with you. Got plenty of singles in the change box! :wink:

Edited by Lreda (log)

Ever since my husband installed the pole and mirrors in our bedroom, I find the whole bar scene a little blase.  :shock:  :laugh:  :rolleyes:

i have an idea for the next NJ egullet (unofficial of course) event.

Satin Dolls on Rt. 17? Or Frank's Chicken House in Manville?

i was acually thinking more along the lines of a trip to central jersey. :unsure:

Ever since my husband installed the pole and mirrors in our bedroom, I find the whole bar scene a little blase.  :shock:  :laugh:  :rolleyes:

i have an idea for the next NJ egullet (unofficial of course) event.

Satin Dolls on Rt. 17? Or Frank's Chicken House in Manville?

i was acually thinking more along the lines of a trip to central jersey. :unsure:

YOU ARE SO BAD.

did anyone make it over to the Showplace?  :biggrin:

Ever since my husband installed the pole and mirrors in our bedroom, I find the whole bar scene a little blase. :shock::laugh::rolleyes:

well, after all that is the hot new exercise in hollywood... with the hot peppers and pole dancing those last few pounds will melt away...

thanks lou - the sandwich was great - and i am not a bread eater but every bite was gone and the half i didn't finish at lunch was dinner at work that night.

it was a pleasure meeting all... my one regret is tommy couldn't make it. :sad:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Sorry to be so late in getting back to you all. The lunch was great but I should have had the hot peppers because starting last Tuesday I went down with the flu and I'm only just back to the office today. As for the Titans jersey, like I told Lou if the Giants had won I'd have worn my Giants one. Titans are my second favorite NFL team, Giants are first. I guess its an Eddie George thing, I'm also an Ohio St. fan. So Lou, let me know which people I need to talk to cause I can always use an extra $50. Thanks again, it was a great time.

David