• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amazon.ca finally has kitchen stuff

Darienne

Looks to me as if Amazon.ca is only re-shipping rather than selling and the prices are no bargain. Am I missing something?

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Looks to me as if Amazon.ca is only re-shipping rather than selling and the prices are no bargain. Am I missing something?

Probably not.

It no doubt just matches the Amazon.ca book lists. There might be a lessening on the shipping and handling and any border costs. I didn't actually check out anything. One lives in hope... :rolleyes:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

• 1 month later...

Was Anna N. correct! I guess!

Today following a lead in Smitten Kitchen I looked up Ateco 11-piece Graduated Round Cookie Cutter set. Sounded like a good idea to me. Wow! Only $14 on Amazon.com (aka USA)

Looked it up on Amazon.ca (Canada): $25.75 for a savings of: wait for it! 24 cents. :sad::angry::sad:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Hmm - it gets even more scary when you realize that it does not ship from Amazon.ca but from Golda's Kitchen and the rates are not exactly cheap. I guess this also means no free shipping even if you combine it with other items on Amazon. I must say I am very disappointed in the whole idea. I don't see why I wouldn't order directly from Golda's Kitchen but perhaps I am missing something.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog