• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yvonne johnson

Food and science

2 posts in this topic

In Jason's introduction, he says that your full-time job is assistant science editor at The New York Times. Do you have an interest in applying scientific method to the study of taste and cooking techniques? Secondly, there has been quite a lot of discussion about molecular gastronomy on the site. Do you have any opinions on this?

I have to say this isn't a topic I've paid much attention to. I know there are some good books on the subject but I confess I haven't read them.

The connection between my day job and the restaurant gig is minimal.I try very hard not to let the one get in the way of the other.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0