• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Home-made Ranch Dressing

CaliPoutine

My spouse eats a large salad for lunch everyday( she's on South Beach).

She absolutely loves Ranch dressing. I refuse to buy bottled dressing. I had some Penzey's Ranch Dressing mix and I made that (add buttermilk, mayo and dressing mix) until I used it up. Unfortunately the nearest Penzey's is 2.5hrs away in MI.

Anyone have a great recipe?

I don't have a great recipe - but would love one myself.

Just wanted to mention you can always order the spice mix from Penzy's online.

Thanks. I do know that I can order online. I have a PO Box in MI because they dont ship to Canada. I thought I could save myself a few bucks by making it from stuff I already have at home.

Ranch Dressing

Scroll down a bit and you should bump right into it!

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I don't have proportions handy (mostly I do it by feel), but I generally whisk some grated or pressed garlic, minced fresh parsley, minced scallions (green parts) and freshly-ground black pepper into buttermilk and thicken with sour cream if desired.