• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Homemade Liqueurs

bigbear

23 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Past it - I filtered it today. Haven't tasted it yet though.

Ok - tasted it - not too bad!

Nice! I wonder if it was the rum choice or the ultrasonic buzz or a combo of both that made the difference. "Not too bad" is not what I would have used to describe the initial taste of mine.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

1 minute ago, Tri2Cook said:

Nice! I wonder if it was the rum choice or the ultrasonic buzz or a combo of both that made the difference. "Not too bad" is not what I would have used to describe the initial taste of mine.

It's already quite pleasant and I suspect it will develop even more. Of course there isn't a whole lot of it.

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

It's already quite pleasant and I suspect it will develop even more. Of course there isn't a whole lot of it.

Yeah, I didn't make a ton either. I think I have just under 500 ml. It was just a test run to see if I liked the result. I'm gonna try it in a drink soon and see how it holds up.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 2 weeks later...

So 2 loaves of banana bread made today with the rum besotted bananas from the freezer (along with 4 regular bananas). Yum, yum, yum, yum!

Child ate two pieces for dessert - fell asleep on my lap.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

So 2 loaves of banana bread made today with the rum besotted bananas from the freezer (along with 4 regular bananas). Yum, yum, yum, yum!

Child ate two pieces for dessert - fell asleep on my lap.

Rum besotted sounds good to me.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou