• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Shopping at T&T supermarket

The lobsters are still $12.99, and man are they big. One of those things would probably set you back at least $50.

Another reason to go to T&T is for the fresh noodles and Chinese sausage. They have the best selection of both that I have seen.

Paul B

I always fall into temptation and buy the "Jai" or vegetarian meat-like substances.

There are several flavours:

- Red

- Yellow

- Brown

- Dark Brown

Try em out they usually have samples every day.

mmmm dark brown cubes. The red is good too :biggrin:

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

I always fall into temptation and buy the "Jai" or vegetarian meat-like substances.

There are several flavours:

- Red

- Yellow

- Brown

- Dark Brown

Try em out they usually have samples every day.

mmmm dark brown cubes.    The red is good too  :biggrin:

Heh, I buy those and refer to them by colour too. Dark Brown is my favourite! The lady who cuts them up is always surprised when I buy some, maybe most pasty white guys are afraid of gluten?

Edited by Sylphid (log)

• 10 months later...

Thought some of you might be interested to know that live lobster is on sale at T&T (I saw it at the downtown location, not sure about the others) for $9.99. There were some pretty active ones when I was there this afternoon. Sale ends today, I think.

• 1 month later...