• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wedding cake photo

Gwhit

We have finally downloaded the pictures from the wedding which I did the cake for. Thanks for all your help. She just wanted a simple cake with real flowers and I think it turned out ok for an amateur.

gallery_9454_3100_206780.jpg

Edited by Gwhit (log)

that is hardly amateur work--just beautiful!

Zoe

My favorite cakes are nice and simple in appearance. Smooth icing, nice piping. Great! Your cake came out fantastic and I am sure it tasted as good.

What was underneath that great icing job?

Thanks for your kind comments. I appreciate it especially from people who do this full time. Someday I would like to be able to do this full time, but right now I can't afford to give up my full time job.

Thanks again,

Gayle

that is hardly amateur work--just beautiful!

Zoe

My favorite cakes are nice and simple in appearance. Smooth icing, nice piping. Great! Your cake came out fantastic and I am sure it tasted as good.

What was underneath that great icing job?

It was a really yummy carrot cake, that was filled with an icing made from white chocolate, cream cheese and whipped cream. The icing on the outside was an Italian Meringue Buttercream.

• 1 month later...