• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pittsburgh For A Day

Amy Viny

Help fellow egulleters-Thinking of taking hubby to Pittsburgh PA for a quickie one day birthday get away. Plan on seeing the Warhol Museum. What eles is there to do--galleries--shops-- The Italian section I think its called the Strip? I've heard there a a few new good restros too. Where should we go, what should we do, and most importantly what and where should we eat? Any ideas of for our brief visit to the steel city would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Wow! Great minds are thinking alike - as we are going to Pittsburgh for MY birthday in August, to see the Warhol among other things (Fallingwater, Kentuck Knob, the Incline...)

We will be there for 4 days or so, so if there are any interesting unusual places to get a variety of meals-snacks whathaveyou we'd be interested in those as well.

someone has already recommended the Sunday Brunch at the Grand Concourse, has anyone ever been?

Thanks!

Beth aka "mod Betty" especially this weekend at Bawlmer's Honfest!!

<a href='http://retroroadmap.com' target='_blank'>Retro Roadmap - All the Retro, Vintage and Cool Old places worth visiting!</a>

There is a fine B&B near the Warhol museum ... The Inn on the Mexican War Streets. It's across the street from a park and aviary with the Warhol within walking distance. They have a Web Page and a quick Google search will turn up lots of references.

I would recommend the Carnegie museum near Carnegie-Mellon/University of Pittsburgh ... the art collection is fabulous and there are quite a few restaurants of the bohemian stripe around there.

There are quite a number of good restaurants either near The Strip District or around the Incline (Majorca (sp?)... a Spanish place is good).

There was a great BYO in Shadyside that we went to several times while my son was at Pitt. Haven't been there in a couple of years but if you want the name I could probably find it.

Unless you're very hungry, split the sandwich at Primanti Bros and save room for dinner!