• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mother's Day

Kim Shook

I consider my only child's brthday mothersday but I know many here do it up. My stepbrother reminded me with a text looking for good local florist.  My sister is doing just a quickie brunch as her kids are busy busy. You guys? My son will visit but not food focused.

My sister and I are making brunch at Mom’s. Dad is buying lox and providing sliced tomato/lettuce. I am making chicken salad and chopped Greek salad and bringing bagels, Sis is making a blueberry loaf cake and cut up fresh fruit. Since BIL will be involved, I suspect Aperol spritzes will appear.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

I suspect I will wind up cooking my own Mother’s Day meal, as the kids don’t cook, and it’ll be a zoo to try to go out. So I’m thinking about asparagus, a quiche, and strawberry shortcake. Easy enough to make ahead everything but the asparagus.

Oh, and mimosas. Must have mimosas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

My mom wants to sleep in and not leave the house. 

it will be doordash or UberEats on me. 

My parents dine out so often that they love when I order something from the local diner via delivery. They can get anything and it’s always good. NJ has a ton of fantastic diners. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1