• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

most reliable brand of oven/equipment?

BigHoss

what is the most reliable and/or customer service friendly oven (brand/company) out there?

Newgene Ledbetter would rather climb a tree to tell you a lie than stand on the ground and tell you the truth!

Ay mon Capitan, Blodgett does make a superior piece of equipment, one more is Vulcan's we had that at the Blair house, all state of the Art, gorgeous, simply gorgeous, you could do something completely fool hardy and drop about 17 and small change on a lovely "combi" that will do everything for you except sing your kids to sleep at night, but that level of programmability is only commanded in an Excelsior class battlecruiser showboat.

M :wink:

Montague ovens are pretty good too for a commercial kitchen.

Montague, are also very nice, expensive, at least at 701 in (there) experience, the doors started to fall apart after a while, not good at any price...

Yeah, we have actually had a couple of door problems which did seem premature.

Interesting.

I will add one more thing, the Exec. Was a nutcase, certifiably...I do believe there was many a soux chef there over the years that took their frustrations out on the equipment, and "slamming the oven doors! I am sure they make a fine oven also, they just didn't stand the test of time of a commander in chief with Crohn's disease, which for the Chef, was an excuse for his behavior but not an explanation...

Michael

:wacko: