• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desiderio

Home made vibrating table

36 posts in this topic

I've got a big vibrating lap machine in my garage that hasn't been used for several years. I wonder if it would work. Although it probably is much too powerful.

However, you might be able to use one of

these little ones. mine is a Covington 24 inch (round).

I used it for polishing big slabs of agate, petrified wood, split geodes and obsidian that I used for bases for some of my glass art pieces.

Often you can find used lapidary equipment at swap meets very cheap. I saw one that sold on ebay a few months ago for $45.00.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

My blog:Books,Cooks,Gadgets&Gardening

I've got a big vibrating lap machine in my garage that hasn't been used for several years.  I wonder if it would work.  Although it probably is much too powerful. 

However, you might be able to use one of

these little ones. mine is a Covington 24 inch (round). 

I used it for polishing big slabs of agate, petrified wood, split geodes and obsidian that I used for bases for some of my glass art pieces. 

Often you can find used lapidary equipment at swap meets very cheap.  I saw one that sold on ebay a few months ago for $45.00.

can you tell me what you don't do? i'm constantly amazed at the range of skills you have! i'm going to have to drive down to socal and do an apprenticeship under you!

Hmmmm... I spend a lot of time pounding brownie batter on the counter trying to get out air bubbles. Maybe some form of vibrating table might be more suitable for the job.

Edited by scott123 (log)

Hmmmm... I spend a lot of time pounding brownie batter on the counter trying to get out air bubbles. Maybe some form of vibrating table might be more suitable for the job.

Hey, it works for concrete, so why not?

So I got one of those little dental vibrating table out of ebay and they look exactley like the base of those candy mold shakers out of ebay that cost almost 200$ .I am wondering if any of you have an idea how to place a tray on top of that and make my own,the table is only 4 inch of diameter so I do need to get something to built a larger surface I belieave.

Well if you have any idea let me know.

Thank you much.

Vanessa

I went to Lowes & in the area that has PVC plastic for plumbing there is a piece that is about 1/2 " high. It is probably an adoptor for toilets, threaded on the inside with a diameter that just fits over the table head.It cost about $2. Just glue it to the bottom of a tray. Works great.

I would post a picture but not sure how to get into the databse. Can someone explain the process.

Mark

Edited by mrose (log)

Mark

www.roseconfections.com

I went to Lowes & in the area that has PVC plastic for plumbing there is a piece that is about 1/2 " high.  It is probably an adoptor for toilets, threaded on the inside with a diameter that just fits over the table head.It cost about $2. Just glue it to the bottom of a tray. Works great.

I would post a picture but not sure how to get into the databse. Can someone explain the process.

Mark

Wow, Thank you Mark, Thats a great idea/suggestion.I will go and get one this weekend then ,with a tray :biggrin:

Edited by Desiderio (log)

Vanessa

Here is a picture of part you need.

gallery_45240_3105_223513.jpg

Mark

Mark

www.roseconfections.com

Cool ,Mark

thank you thats such a great ideaa ( how handy are you guys!!!!!?)

Vanessa

What kind of glue did you use to attach it to the tray?

I used epoxy.

Mark

Mark

www.roseconfections.com

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0