• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate boxes

for the long narrow ones, most companies don't carry anything like it except for jewelry boxes...for watches and bracelets etc. they're usually too wide and too flat and they don't have inserts for the chocolates either. i've just been doing some research on this as i'm also doing favors for a wedding.

the most common candy boxes are for four pieces in a square (unfortunately).

i just bought some long clear plastic ones from The Revere Group. also, you can buy a martha stewart wedding and she has all her sources in the back. it is pretty helpful sometimes.

try doing an eGullet search as this topic has been discussed at length previously, so i know there are links.

Edited by alanamoana (log)

I have also used the Rever group in the past. USBox is another good source. They have a good selection of standard boxes and will run a custom box for you. Look in their coordinated box line. I also have a friend at Marfred Packaging that will do a custom box for you to your specs. I don't think you are wanting those however, as you have to do a large run. US Box or Revere are your best choices that I can see.

www.USBox.com

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

You might want to try Charlie's Chocolate Factory. They have chocolate boxes and inserts although I don't see the exact size on their website but you could get in touch with them. They may have more sizes than shown.

**They are in Canada

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

I use boxes from www.aspecialtybox.com. They have a nice selection & you can purchase them in small quantities. A good company to work with.

Mark

www.roseconfections.com

I use boxes form Revere group also , good quality and lots of box to chose from.

I was wondering about the Nakazawa one they do have good looking fancy boxes ,and for a good price ( if you need that many ).

Rever group has some set up boxes I really like , little bit more expensive than the one I usually buy ( round and rectangular acetate ones) they are like set up ballotins with trays pads and all they are very cute.

Vanessa

Is there a reason why you don't want to use Package Nakazawa? They ship quickly, reasonably priced and the boxes look great when they are together. They are a bit of an origami puzzle, with no directions it took a bit to get the first box together, but now I can do them without even looking.

Is there a reason why you don't want to use Package Nakazawa? They ship quickly, reasonably priced and the boxes look great when they are together. They are a bit of an origami puzzle, with no directions it took a bit to get the first box together, but now I can do them without even looking.

but in white and other colors

does package nakazawa not have white? that might be the reason

but in white and other colors

does package nakazawa not have white? that might be the reason

They do not come in white, which is my preference. I could live with a color, but the colors they offer aren't really quite right for this first wedding.

I don't know if this would work for you WTGirl. But www.kroese-exclusief.com/ certainly has boxes to drool over! If anyone has ordered from them please let me know. It is a German Co. and I understand they only accept international bank issued money orders "SWIFT", but was wondering how much time and expense was involved with internationl shipping.

I don't know if this would work for you WTGirl. But www.kroese-exclusief.com/ certainly has boxes to drool over! If anyone has ordered from them please let me know. It is a German Co. and I understand they only accept international bank issued money orders "SWIFT", but was wondering how much time and expense was involved  with internationl shipping.

Cocoa-lulu,

Thank you so much for that link. WOW...some of those boxes are stunning!

btw...the company is Dutch, not German. And for those of you on Mac, it's not a very friendly website. I had to switch over to my husband's PC to properly view it. Also, you have to register in order to browse their product line, but oh, it's so worth it. The prices are really good for what you're getting, but still not cheap. Like you cocoa-lulu, I wonder how much shipping would be across the pond? And how long delivery times would be? I wish I knew Dutch, as some of the info on the product pages isn't translated...

I wish I knew Dutch, as some of the info on the product pages isn't translated...

you could always, very nicely, ask Klary to translate (her screen name is Chufi)! She's from the Netherlands and she posts frequently on the Cooking board. it helps that eGullet has so many international users.

I don't know if this would work for you WTGirl. But www.kroese-exclusief.com/ certainly has boxes to drool over! If anyone has ordered from them please let me know. It is a German Co. and I understand they only accept international bank issued money orders "SWIFT", but was wondering how much time and expense was involved  with internationl shipping.

Cocoa-lulu,

btw...the company is Dutch, not German. And for those of you on Mac, it's not a very friendly website. I had to switch over to my husband's PC to properly view it. Also, you have to register in order to browse their product line, but oh, it's so worth it. The prices are really good for what you're getting, but still not cheap. Like you cocoa-lulu, I wonder how much shipping would be across the pond? And how long delivery times would be? I wish I knew Dutch, as some of the info on the product pages isn't translated...

I'm also on a Mac, and find the website difficult, but it's a whole lot better than it used to be. It took hours to see all they had to offer. I didn't realize it would be easier on a PC. I'll give it a look.

I tried to order from them once but couldn't figure out the whole 'SWIFT' thing so I gave up. Gorgeous stuff though and they keep sending me e-mails and tempting me further. If anyone can figure out the purchasing thing please post, because I'd love to give them a try.

I buy molds all the time from JVK in Holland, they don't take too long to arrive, but the shipping is a bit prohibitive.

Cocoa-lulu,

I'm also on a Mac, and find the website difficult, but it's a whole lot better than it used to be. It took hours to see all they had to offer. I didn't realize it would be easier on a PC. I'll give it a look.

I tried to order from them once but couldn't figure out the whole 'SWIFT' thing so I gave up. Gorgeous stuff though and they keep sending me e-mails and tempting me further. If anyone can figure out the purchasing thing please post, because I'd love to give them a try.

I buy molds all the time from JVK in Holland, they don't take too long to arrive, but the shipping is a bit prohibitive.

The 'Empire' boxes (under Carton Boxes 2) are EXACTLY the kind of boxes I am looking for in a unique presentation with my chocolates for these weddings. I am going to call them on Monday (God I hope they speak English) to find out a) do they have any of the colors I am interested in available in stock, b) what the delivery time frame would be, c) what the shipping charges would be, and d) what the payment system is. I'll post the results of my conversation.

The 'Empire' boxes (under Carton Boxes 2) are EXACTLY the kind of boxes I am looking for in a unique presentation with my chocolates for these weddings.  I am going to call them on Monday (God I hope they speak English) to find out a) do they have any of the colors I am interested in available in stock, b) what the delivery time frame would be, c) what the shipping charges would be, and d) what the payment system is.  I'll post the results of my conversation.

Might be worth a call to chocolat-chocolat in Montreal at 1-800-463-5837 or 514-381-6888 and ask them if they have what you want in white. They have lots of nice european boxes and I remember getting a sample the size you want in chocolate brown with a gold lining. I know that when I have been in their showroom that there are more boxes than the website shows.

Check out the box shown on the Tabago collection, the rectangular one that is not shown there for sale. I think that is the size you want (but ask them if it is 4 chocolate size).

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Might be worth a call to chocolat-chocolat in Montreal at 1-800-463-5837 or 514-381-6888 and ask them if they have what you want in white. They have lots of nice european boxes and I remember getting a sample the size you want in chocolate brown with a gold lining.  I know that when I have been in their showroom that there are more boxes than the website shows.

Check out the box shown on the Tabago collection, the rectangular one that is not shown there for sale.  I think that is the size you want (but ask them if it is 4 chocolate size).

Thanks Kerry. I'll call them on Monday. I guess I always just assumed what you see is what you get on chocolat-chocolat's website. I guess I shouldn't assume. I just looked through their website again, and they have a box under their 'Croco Illusion' collection that is the size I'm looking for. The style (croco) however, isn't right.

yes, please post. i would be interested to see what they say.

luis

Cocoa-lulu,

The 'Empire' boxes (under Carton Boxes 2) are EXACTLY the kind of boxes I am looking for in a unique presentation with my chocolates for these weddings. I am going to call them on Monday (God I hope they speak English) to find out a) do they have any of the colors I am interested in available in stock, b) what the delivery time frame would be, c) what the shipping charges would be, and d) what the payment system is. I'll post the results of my conversation.

I just got off the phone with Roger at Kroese-Exclusief in the Netherlands. A simply delightful man (who speaks perfect English, btw), and this is what he told me.

He works with chocolatiers all over the world. Shipping to the US is no big deal and shipments generally takes 6-9 working days to arrive via parcel post for smaller orders (which mine would be). Shipping charges cannot be calculated until after they receive your order and actually pack your shipment as there are restrictions on size/weight, etc. for international packages and they need to actually pack the shipment to see how many cartons it will take. Once they have done this, you will be notified by email as to the shipping costs. (International parcel post isn't really all that expensive.) Sea freight is another option, but who among us actually plans that far ahead? :wink:

Payment is done via wire transfer (kind of what I figured), except on smaller orders (below €700) payment can also be made through PayPal. As noted above, you won't be able to actually make the wire transfer or the PayPal payment until your order is ready to ship, as final costs will not be known until this point. (If you've never done a wire transfer before, it's really very easy, you just need to get the paperwork from your bank, and some basic info on routing numbers from Kroese-Exclusief for their bank.)

I think I covered most of the pertinent points of our conversation. I think I'm definitely going this route.

thanks for posting your results white truffle girl. i looked at their website and they have some great boxes. the box you're looking for is exactly what i'm doing right now for a wedding. i ordered clear ones from glerup.com and will replace the gold bottom with paper matching the theme of the wedding. the boxes were fairly cheap and i like that you can see what's inside. i'll post pictures when (and if) they get done!!!

p.s. please post pics of yours as well! i'd love to see them.

Edited by alanamoana (log)

Good to know we have more oprions for boxes , I am always looking for boxes around.Btw I do use the same clear /gold bottom long box form Glerup :raz: .I really like the fact that they can see whats inside right .

Thank you for posting all the info very very usefull .

Ohh these are the boxes I used as well , they are favor boxes not exactly chocolate , they are small but I can fit several pieces in it .

gallery_44494_2818_8253.jpg

Edited by Desiderio (log)

Vanessa