• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

St Patrick's Day in NJ

Rosie

Are you cooking? Going out to eat?  How will you celebrate?

And a very Happy St Patrick's Day to everyone.

It's 7:30 and no one has replied. Guess they're all out celebrating!!

Was going to go visit my cousin in Hoboken, then thought "Hoboken ............

St Patrick's Day ???? What am I kidding?????? "

Stayed home and had a frozen enchilada from Whole Foods. Thought it would be better than it was.

Edited by Cook456 (log)

I am not sure yet what I will be doing tonight. The bars down here in FL are crazy. My friends husband is playing at a Irish bar in downtown Ft. Lauderdale.

I am in the mood for some corned beef and cabbage though!

Have a great evening and weekend all!

I ate at Ikea a late lunch and at Taco Bell I picked up something to eat at home. :blink: Erin Go Bragh-less?!

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

well, we headed up to holyoke, ma for a conference tomorrow. stopped to see john's mom, sister and two out of three brothers. went to lunch here:

http://www.thehaymaker.com/mainpage.htm

john had the salmon, liz had the turkey sandwich, julie had a philly cheesesteak sandwich and i had the smoked gouda beer soup with half a vegetable sandwich.

made it up to holyoke (took the long.......winding road route through the berkshires(101 miles= 3 hours). after finding the hotel, settling in, sampling the Pama liquer i picked up we decided to get takeout - from the hotel's restaurant, Friendly's. since johnnybird wanted to watch a special on hendrix i was elected. not bad - 10.00 for a takeaway meal of 2 pieces of flounder broiled, a vegetable mixture, rice and a mixed salad. didn't have to have special dispensation for corned beef and cabbage tonight<SHUDDER>

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

We decided this year to have an open house at home - It was fun. We had all the cornbeef,cabbage and potatos and then we had a italian twist for my Italian husbands side with baked ziti and such - My mother still makes the best soda bread and others brought guiness chocolate cake and irish bailey cheesecake - all great. Irish music, guinness, plenty of food and friends and that is what celebrating St. Pat's day is all about -

others brought guiness chocolate cake...

Would love to hear the details on that, Deldino!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

others brought guiness chocolate cake...

Would love to hear the details on that, Deldino!

Well my Mom looked like a leprachun with her glittery green hat on - (I think the more cosmos she drank (no not a traditional irish drink) the further down the hat got on her head - She was definately in the spirit - My sister in law made the cakes and if anyone loves a good dark moist chocolate cake I can share the chocolate guinness cake recpie, it was really great - -

I had to start telling people at 2:00am (yes my Mom included!) that I was going to bed but they were welcome to stay and keep partying. It is a sad day when your 40 and your Mom is still roaring to go and you are going to bed!! :laugh: