• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All Butter Puff Pastry

Siren

A friend of mine asked if I knew anywhere in the US that would ship it. First thought was to come here and ask.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Deadheads are kinda like people who like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but people who like licorice, *really* like licorice!

-Jerry Garcia

A friend of mine asked if I knew anywhere in the US that would ship it.  First thought was to come here and ask.

Thx.

Its not that hard to make. For most applications you can use quick puff. Woods

A friend of mine asked if I knew anywhere in the US that would ship it.  First thought was to come here and ask.

Thx.

Its not that hard to make. For most applications you can use quick puff. Woods

yea.. i suggested... she said she'd rather avoid the impending doom if she attempted.

W&S is the only place i can find it so far..

Deadheads are kinda like people who like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but people who like licorice, *really* like licorice!

-Jerry Garcia

Williams-Sonoma has this for the low, low price of $42.50 per 14oz sheet, shipped overnight Link

Freshdirect sells there's for $3.49/# maybe they would be willing to FedEx you some.

All butter Puff Pastry

That's an amazing price -- that about the same price as the tasteless Pepperidge Farms puff pastry. Too bad their website says they dont deliver to my area.

Does anyone recall how much the puff pastry from whole foods costs?

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

Dufour is approx $9.99 @ Whole Foods & Balduccis.

Is that right for the W-S? I don;t have my catalog with me but I thought it was 3 sheets... As if that makes a difference. $42.50!!!

N.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

Thanks.

How much do you get for that price?

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

A sheet maybe 11x11?

I have some in my freezer at home... it is very convenient. I don't mind paying $ for time if the product is worth it, which this one is.

N.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

Thanks.

How much do you get for that price?

14 oz. and it comes in a nice sheet wrapped in paper. The Fresh direct is just a block. I am not complaining, since it would cost me almost as much to buy the butter and flour and make my own.

I think the Dufour is $7.99 at Fairway and Citarella.

i appreciate the help so much... but, we're in maine.. i know of know whole foods... fairway.. balducci's....

-Jerry Garcia

You could do a search to find a Dufour company contact who might tell you where you can find it in Maine, maybe through a wholesaler. Or try the Wild Oats store in Portland.

But, I concur with the other suggestions to make your own if you have to go through this much hassle. It's not difficult and rough or quick puff pastry is easy.

You could do a search to find a Dufour company contact who might tell you where you can find it in Maine, maybe through a wholesaler. Or try the Wild Oats store in Portland.

But, I concur with the other suggestions to make your own if you have to go through this much hassle. It's not difficult and rough or quick puff pastry is easy.

It's for a friend.. I would offer to make it for her if I had the time.. but, 2 cooking jobs and a third non-kitchen one takes up most of my time.

I'll pass along all info...

thanks again..

-Jerry Garcia