• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rehearsal dinner location in Philly

elicious

A friend of mine is getting married in Philadelphia in March. The wedding location is all set, but they are looking for a good space to have their rehearsal dinner for about 60 out of town guests. Nothing too pricey but they would like good food and atmosphere. Any suggestions?

A friend of mine is getting married in Philadelphia in March.  The wedding location is all set, but they are looking for a good space to have their rehearsal dinner for about 60 out of town guests. Nothing too pricey but they would like good food and atmosphere. Any suggestions?

I am actually getting married in November and could use a suggestion also, though we are only going to have 30 or fewer guests so our space requirements aren't as large.

some places I've looked at so far that they may want to check out (all Italian):

Ralph's, http://www.ralphsrestaurant.com/

Spasso (Old City)

Bistro Romano (near South Street)

Sabrina's Cafe in the Italian Market does private parties too, but I doubt they can handle 60 guests.

I stopped in at Azure for drinks last week. It's just up the street from Standard Tap. While I didn't eat there, the menu looks pretty good. They have a banquet operation attached, and several friends of mine have hosted wedding parties there, Father/son owners are good peeps.

Azure

There's a thousand different places possible.

I'd try to narrow it down: where are the rehearsal participants staying?

What kind of cuisine are you looking for?

If the rehearsal dinner is Friday/Saturday though, the field gets narrowed a whole lot.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

I recently hosted a large event at Bistro St Tropez and they did an outstanding job-- the views are beautiful, the food was surprisingly good, the cocktails were strong, the staff professional. I recently got married as well, and if I'd done it in Philly this would've been a very appropriate choice. Your guests will love dining while looking at the river and train station, etc. We were quoted $50/person 3 course meal with tax & grat included.

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes