• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Festivals

jrichman

I made it to the NYC BBQ Block Party for the first time this year and had a great time. I was wondering, can we get a list going of all the food type festivals in the area. Dates, Locations, Details, etc would be great!

http://www.bergen.com/event.php

heres a good spot too ....dont forget about the state fair in Sussex

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

OK, I read all of it; I don't see anything forbidding discussion of a festival on an Eg Forum; What differentiates the Belmar Seafood Festival from the lengthy Crawfish Festival thread still here on Page 1, and the Greek Festival in Tenafly that was recently discussed? Why was the Belmar discussion ignominiously deleted in its entirety and dozens of other festival discussions allowed to happen on the Forums? Please clarify!

You can discuss the food festivals after the event. To let people know that an event is happening, you can request that it be listed on the eGS calendar. I'm working on making a summary of NJ eGS listed Calendar events in a new thread to be posted soon. Meanwhile, if you want to discuss the Belmar Seafood Festival that occured this past weekend, I suggest you do so on the pre-existing thread, link. ("Deleted in its entirety"? It was two posts long.)

You're right about the Crawfish Fest thread, it probably should have been deleted. But since it is over now, we're trying to figure out what to do with it.

More... re: the Crawfish Fest thread - Yes, it should have come down. We missed it, we're human. You can help by using the report this post feature if you see something that doesn't conform with policy. In the meantime, all talk about outside events are welcome on eG once the event has been completed.

Edited by Rachel Perlow (log)

OK, now that we've established that food festivals and the like are to be listed on the eGS Calendar (send me a PM if you have something you'd like to have listed), and further brought to the attention of NJ forum visitors by a thread that I will use as a NJ event index (coming soon), I am locking this thread. Any further policy questions should be addressed via PM. Thank you for your attention and input.