• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

lunch in st albans / borehamwood

looks like you are desperate?

http://www.stalbans.gov.uk/tourism/restpubs/restaurant.php

try this link

the Waffle House is meant to be nice for waffles. :raz:

There also a nice italian there that i can remeber the name of

it should be on the list somewhere think its on the main road running into st albans it on the left hand side just before you go pass the station

(i think can;t remeber haven;t been there in years!! :unsure: )

"so tell me how do you bone a chicken?"

"tastes so good makes you want to slap your mamma!!"

i am desperate and after my success last time when i took my colleagues to elephant in torquay and they all thought i was some kind of gourmet guru, i dont want to disappoint!

that italian might be the best bet (given that its the only bet so far!) thanks for the tip

:unsure: errr... the italian place is not what i would term a gourmet place

just an above average italian place with a nice atmosphere.

Good luck finding it as i still can't remember the name of the place :raz:

"so tell me how do you bone a chicken?"

"tastes so good makes you want to slap your mamma!!"

i am desperate and after my success last time when i took my colleagues to elephant in torquay and they all thought i was some kind of gourmet guru, i dont want to disappoint!

that italian might be the best bet (given that its the only bet so far!) thanks for the tip

Sorry for not posting sooner .

I asked a friend whose other half currently resides in Stalbans and the two names he mentioned were : Darcy's ( Hatfield Rd- next to The Cock pub) and Café Des Amis.

well coudlnt get a booking at darcys the only time i was free, so tried to find the italian, thought i'd found it, eat a reasonable meal (place called buon amici, and by reasonable, i'm being quite generous!) then spotted what was probably the one origamicrane meant while i was walking back to the car!

thanks for the help everyone

Edited by fisherman (log)

GFG gives Sukiyaki in St Albans 6 Spencer St, just off the marketplace.

The Battle Axes pub (Butterfly Lane, Aldenham) was a refuge when I was at school near there, but that was over 40 years ago...