• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Green Tea Cookies

wine&dine

I know I'm resurrecting an old topic. I just got a recipe for green tea sweets from lovescool.com and I'm going to try it. The pictures look so pretty. My dough is in the fridge and I'm going to roll it out and bake it soon. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to upload pictures here so you can see.

I know I'm resurrecting an old topic.  I just got a recipe for green tea sweets from lovescool.com and I'm going to try it.  The pictures look so pretty.  My dough is in the fridge and I'm going to roll it out and bake it soon.  Hopefully, I'll figure out how to upload pictures here so you can see.

I tried these a few weeks ago and thought they were pretty good. They weren't terribly well received by the other party in my house, but I finished the small batch I made in one day.

I also make snickerdoodle green tea cookies--they are delicious--the slight egginess of them really works with the green tea powder--I also cut the cinnamon down to just a touch.

mukki said

They weren't terribly well received by the other party in my house, but I finished the small batch I made in one day

to my mind that is an advantage--it's seldom I can manage to get even a half share of anything good in the house--the excuse being that he's bigger!

I sometimes deliberately make something i know he doesn't much like if i'm feeling greedy rather than generous!

Edited by zoe b (log)