• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where is everyone dining in the week-end?

kush22

Hey all,

Wanted to start a new thread to get the week-end started !! Where is everyone planning to dine tomorrow night, if you don't mind sharing :)

Looking at raving reviews on eG forum, we are planning to go and visit Dragonel in HackenSack and driving there all the way from central part of Jersey (Edison).

I am an Indian and visited many good Indian chinese restaurants, hope this won't disappoint us, specially after driving for 35 miles or so..!!

I am curious to know where others are going..

Kush

at home :biggrin:

chicken stuffed with prosciutto and cheese and asparagus risotto

haven't figured out what to make for dessert...maybe key lime mousse

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

It looks like we will be going to New York this evening. We have a friend's birthday bash at a bar in Brooklyn, so, we will probably get into the city a little earlier and make a trip to one of our regular restaurants in our old neighborhood - Los Pollitos II, our favorite place for Peruvian-style chicken in Park Slope (Rotisserie Chicken to die for!)

We had lunch today at Harold's Deli in Edison. We shared matzoh ball soup in a 60 oz bowl with 2 bigger-than-softball size matzoh balls. And then a 26 oz hot pastrami. The pastrami was melt in your mouth good.

Had the same for dinner (brought home leftovers). Still LOTS left!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

We had lunch today at Harold's Deli in Edison.  We shared matzoh ball soup in a 60 oz bowl with 2 bigger-than-softball size matzoh balls.  And then a 26 oz hot pastrami.  The pastrami was melt in your mouth good.

Had the same for dinner (brought home leftovers).  Still LOTS left!

I had this very sandwich not three days ago - I took it out, although I had trouble fitting it in the car. And indeed it was melt in your mouth good!

harold-pastrami-new26.jpg

Overheard at the Zabar’s prepared food counter in the 1970’s:

Woman (noticing a large bowl of cut fruit): “How much is the fruit salad?”

Counterman: “Three-ninety-eight a pound.”

Woman (incredulous, and loud): “THREE-NINETY EIGHT A POUND ????”

Counterman: “Who’s going to sit and cut fruit all day, lady… YOU?”

Newly updated: my online food photo extravaganza; cook-in/eat-out and photos from the 70's

I had this very sandwich not three days ago - I took it out, although I had trouble fitting it in the car.  And indeed it was melt in your mouth good!

I am glad you posted that pic. I wanted to take my camera but my roommate isn't thrilled when i photgraph food :laugh:

And you said you had that sandwich "not three days ago" which I bet could mean..."three days ago, two days ago and yesterday!" :shock:

It's a big'un. And ours today looked JUST LIKE IT!

Their cole slaw is pretty damn good too, don't you think?

Randi

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne