• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

California Dining 2019

MetsFan5

I think Danko will win out over Zuni, since Zuni is open for lunch. I’ll be solo most days (3) so if any local members are down to have a nice long boozy lunch let me know! 😗

I’m still eying Lilholo Yatch Club since it’s basically next to my hotel.  Weee spending two nights in Napa, one we should probably eat then sleep before a day long tour and the one to have dinner after a tour. We will be right in downtown Napa. Is Morimoto worth it? Does anyone recommend an Italian place to soak up the wines on Friday night?  I’m down to Uber. 

Danko is ALWAYS a win!

My Napa m.o. is always a morning tasting, lunch, a second tasting, rest, and then dinner.

I would skip Morimoto.

Torc in Downtown Napa is great. For Italian, there's the local favorite Bistro Don Giovanni (I like it, but don't love it). I prefer Bottega in Yountville, not too far away. 

Other favorites:

Press (dinner-Saint Helena)

Charter Oak (either-Saint Helena)

Bounty Hunter (lunch-Downtown)

Bistro Jeanty (either-Yountville)

Auberge du Soleil (lunch-Rutherford)

Farmstead (lunch-Saint Helena)

Enjoy! I was just there last week and miss it already. 

• Like 1