• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any Good Wing Places in NJ?

zhelder

Down in FL where my brother lives, they have a lot of cool wing places which let you "customize" your wings by choosing breading (or lack of it), flavorings, sauces, etc. I have yet to find a decent place like this in NJ. Does anybody know of any places specializing in wings that allow this "customization"? Thanks for any information.

This is my daughters favorite place down the shore in LBI

the chicken or the egg

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Chicken Holiday on Bloomfield Ave in Caldwell makes some outstanding wings!

Keep in mind, "outstanding" is not a term I throw around loosely.

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

Jughandle Inn, Rt 73, Cinnaminson, NJ (it might be Pennsauken or Maple Shade). Their wings are the best I've ever had.

John

"I can't believe a roasted dead animal could look so appealing."--my 10 year old upon seeing Peking Duck for the first time.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I should have been more specific. I'm looking for a place in North Jersey, specifically Bergen/Passaic or possibly Essex area. As far as I know Chicken Holiday is virtually the same as Chicken Delight, which I love, but they don't "customize" the wings as much as I'm looking for. The Chicken or the Egg looks very cool and is close to what I'm looking for, but it's too far to travel for me, plus they seem to be a bit on the expensive side. Thanks again for the suggestions. Maybe we can help some South Jerseyans out!

I know what you are talking about. Places like Bru's Room in Delray Beach. Get them naked, or breaded, with garlic, or grilled, hot, mild.. etc. I haven't found a place near my house (Verona) up here that does that.

You might want to try Backstreet Bar & Grill on Passaic Ave. in North Arlington. Their Cajun Garlic wings are great.

IMHO, their wings are nothing special. Standard 10 cent bar wings. However, their daily dinner specials are usually pretty solid. That's a nice place to have a drink or 5.