• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

young pastry all stars wanted

akwa

Critically lambasted pastry chef seeks one future star,

no experience necessary

must enjoy long hours, poor pay, indiscriminate criticism, and ice cream

You're still searching? I'm surprised you haven't found anyone yet. It would be a great opportunity for someone out there.

no experience necessary

You're still searching? I'm surprised you haven't found anyone yet. It would be a great opportunity for someone out there.

Actually this is a new search. I have had one stagiare, who then went to paid position at The French Laundry. How's that for upward mobility. As well I have just imported one woman from Copenhagen who is doing an excellent job. I am always looking for someone special. We are settling in and I would like to spend more time in the research and development department.

I am always looking for someone special.

Perhaps you could mention what a "special" assistant is or consists of for you? I think theres a few people out there that might shy away from appying because they don't have an exciting resume, yet. What kind of person and skill set do you want?

And....is "young" a prerequisite, cause we hear from a lot of serious career changers here?

I am always looking for someone special.

Perhaps you could mention what a "special" assistant is or consists of for you? I think theres a few people out there that might shy away from appying because they don't have an exciting resume, yet. What kind of person and skill set do you want?

And....is "young" a prerequisite, cause we hear from a lot of serious career changers here?

Youthful mentality is more important than age, eager to learn, takes direction well, extrapolates to make own conclusions rapidly.

Skills I need are cleanliness, organization, determination, focus, attention to detail, and the will to win. Manual dexterity would be pleasant.

Exciting resumes are boring.

no experience necessary

So where is this terrific position located? East Coast, West Coast...Timbuktu? I'm interested but I live in CT and wonder how long a commute it would be :wink:

It's not the destination, but the journey!

Akwa -- For reasons i understand, it might not be appropriate to reveal the exact name of the "location" for your search, but you kind of had me started with the guessing game. Are the first initials of the exec. chef's name at the "location" SG? No more questions from me...

"A chicken is just an egg's way of making another egg." Samuel Butler

Akwa --  For reasons i understand, it might not be appropriate to reveal the exact name of the "location" for your search, but you kind of had me started with the guessing game. Are the first initials of the exec. chef's name at the "location" SG? No more questions from me...

its no grand secret

yes being my answer