• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chili

steakas

Where's your best chili place in NJ? I've never had chili here that impressed me. However, I've never really sought it.

The best chili I've ever tasted was at a dive bar called Up A Creek in Sterling, PA. But that's too far away.

Your thoughts. Thnx.

:D

The best chili in New Jersey is in Wayne. Actually, it's in my house. I make the best chili around... Just ask my wife... :biggrin:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

My favorite chili is the Full Moon Chili from the Blue Moon Cafe in Wyckoff. It's a bit different from traditional chili in that it's made with full sirloin chunks and without beans and it's very spicy. It's a bit expensive ($7 a serving, which come out to about a pint), but it is delicious.

Edited by zhelder (log)

The best chili in New Jersey is in Wayne. Actually, it's in my house. I make the best chili around... Just ask my wife... :biggrin:

ok-

ground beef or beef chunks

beer or water

beans or no beans

minced chilis or chile powder

tomatoes or no tomatoes

inquiring minds want to know :laugh:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second the Full Moon chili from Blue Moon, except that my experience has been with the Englewood location. It's been consistently good since the place opened ('97 or so?). It's got a unique vibe- sort of a brownish red color and thin like a stew- but quite delish. I'm thinking it's got a pasilla or ancho thing going on there but I haven't quite been able to put my finger on it. It's about the only option I've found for when I don't want to, or can't, make my own.

aka Michael

Chi mangia bene, vive bene!

"...And bring us the finest food you've got, stuffed with the second finest."

"Excellent, sir. Lobster stuffed with tacos."

Anthony's chili is the best around! I don't think that he has a solid recipe since it changes slightly each time. There is a secret ingredient, though: bacon :laugh:

Is it this place?

Blue Moon Mexican Cafe

327 Franklin Ave

Wyckoff , NJ 07481

Phone: (201) 891-1331

Cuisine: Mexican

I go for Mexican at least twice a month, so how's the rest of their food?

Thnx

:D