• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dangerous Dining Club - June Dinner

Just wanted to let everyone know that a June DDC dinner is being planned and is in the works. I will be posting all the details (along with the menu) shortly but the only hint I'll give for now is that it will be in the suburbs this time. Stay tuned...this one will be a good one, I promise. :wink:

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."

The Dangerous Dining Club is a group of diners who usually meet monthly at restaurants of various cuisines, mostly in Philly but sometimes in the suburbs. The group was resurrected by Rich Pawlak nearly three years ago (has it been that long?) after initally starting the group back in the 80's. Rich continues to be the coordinator of this group. The DDC is open to anyone wishing to attend. Persons from the group volunteer to coordinate dinners and then set up the menu with the restaurant they have in mind. We usually have dinners on slow nights for restaurants (Mondays and Tuesdays) and often have the entire place to ourselves as a result. The cost is usually $25 per person, inclusive of tax and tip, and we love going to BYOB's but dinners are not limited to them. I will be hosting the June dinner and will announce the location and menu sometime later this month. Previous dinners have included everything from Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Italian, Russian, Filippino, New American, etc. etc. Some have been buffet style and some sit down. I know that other dinners are being planned for later this summer as well.

Once the June dinner is announced I will be taking reservations via e-mail. Dinners typically attract 50-60 people and they are a great time to enjoy good food and good company. I hope this helps answer your questions, if you (or anyone else) have more please ask.

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."