• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Wine Clip

docsconz

I'm actually on pins and needles waiting for the eG taste-testers to report in. I firmly believe there are serious enough people in the test group that they will tell the truth no matter which way it goes. Everybody keep good notes on your testing methods!

Also, if it works, i'm gonna buy one and put it on the nozzle when i gas up the T-Bird.

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

This clip thing sounds very useful...if you need to hang something fairly thin, but really, really heavy on your refrigerator door. It's got the earth's most powerful magnets, after all. Just be careful; after you stick it to the refrigerator, you may not be able to get it off again.

Reviews of $50 refrigerator magnets are also welcome after the tastings are over; they need not be blind or double-blind tests.

I'm going to Varmint's pig picking in Raleigh this weekend. I'm lobbying hard to have all the pulled pork passed through the wine clip. I figure we can cook the entire pig in about 20 mins in a massive microwave, but it will taste as though it's been slow cooked for 18 hours.  :biggrin:

Mike,

It's called the Wine Clip, not the Pig Clip. Maybe Dennis will work on that next. :laugh:

Mark

Also, if it works, i'm gonna buy one and put it on the nozzle when i gas up the T-Bird.

Interesting idea. But be careful. VERY careful.

You're dealing with Powerful Forces that Science cannot explain, but cannot deny either.

If the polarity of the magnetized gasoline matches the polarity of the T-Bird's engine, you'll easily get over 100 miles per gallon.

BUT, if you put reverse-polarity gasoline in the T-Bird, the first time you start it, you're likely to blow a hole in the space-time continuum, and End Life As We Know It.

The decision is yours...

I read these posts and wonder why I haven't seen any of you featured on Comedy Central? :blink:

Critics, critics and more critics. Fuel my fire boys. I love it.

Remember this... no kid ever grew up dreaming of becoming a critic. It must be cold up in the stands. :unsure:

Interesting idea. But be careful. VERY careful.

You're dealing with Powerful Forces that Science cannot explain, but cannot deny either.

If the polarity of the magnetized gasoline matches the polarity of the T-Bird's engine, you'll easily get over 100 miles per gallon.

BUT, if you put reverse-polarity gasoline in the T-Bird, the first time you start it, you're likely to blow a hole in the space-time continuum, and End Life As We Know It.

The decision is yours...

Wouldn't the Clip enable you to power the T-Bird with Thunderbird, that's the word?

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

So, you'll have a control group(s) that gets 2 of the same--both either magnetized or not?

Nope - they will get either 2 non-clipped or 1 clipped and 1 non-clipped. The testers will be told this, so they will not expect to have a clipped one. Of course at least one tester will have to get at least one clipped.

Gad - I sound like a Rabbi discussing the upcoming Bris!

Gerhard Groenewald

www.mesamis.co.za

Wilderness

Dennis, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that the testing results will be inconclusive at best. So, I suggest you get hold of the marketing people at Trader Joe's and work out some deal whereby they sell a Clip for say a $1.99 to everybody who buys a case of Two Buck Chuck. I think that's your niche.

all this talk of bris is giving me another idea for another use of the clip.

Just be very careful after you've done the magnetizing, and stay away from refrigerator doors - imagine having to explain it to the EMTs that have to come pry you off. The "Jaws of Life" up close and a little TOO personal. :biggrin:

Edited by Human Bean (log)

A friend brought one of these clips over this weekend. I choose an 97 Argyle Brut Williamette Valley. We applied the clip and popped the cork - it was brioche toastey and crisp with some citrus zing. I tried it the next day (without the clip on the bottle) and it was warm and flat. A noticeable difference in my opinion. I give it a thumbs up :smile:

I tried it the next day (without the clip on the bottle) and it was warm and flat. A noticeable difference in my opinion. I give it a thumbs up :smile:

If it was the same bottle, how was it sealed and stored? If not, not. Aw, you were just kidding. :smile:

Edited by hollywood (log)

Dennis, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that the testing results will be inconclusive at best.  So, I suggest you get hold of the marketing people at Trader Joe's and work out some deal whereby they sell a Clip for say a $1.99 to everybody who buys a case of Two Buck Chuck.  I think that's your niche.

Hollywood: Now that he's a Gov., I think you have a better chance filling in for Arnold in the next Terminator movie.

:huh:

Dennis, I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that the testing results will be inconclusive at best.  So, I suggest you get hold of the marketing people at Trader Joe's and work out some deal whereby they sell a Clip for say a $1.99 to everybody who buys a case of Two Buck Chuck.  I think that's your niche.

Hollywood: Now that he's a Gov., I think you have a better chance filling in for Arnold in the next Terminator movie.

Yeah, but I'd probably do a better job filling in for him as gov. And, I'm just trying to offer you a money making suggestion. Isn't this a profit thing? :unsure:

The decision is yours...

Yet another marketing goldmine! The Clip can be adjusted to facilitate the user's mood swings! :biggrin:

Aww, i'm just having a little fun. Let's give Dennis a break, until the definitive results are in. After all, he and i share the same last name. Wonder if we're related?

Is there a Bourbon Clip in production?

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

Received mine today. I'm looking forward to testing it.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I forwarded the info on the wine clip to a big merchant in the UK who I know is into magnets (he once had a spell out of the wine trade and tried to sell me a bed, matress, coat etc etc with magnets). He said that he had tried it already and said that it neutralised all the wine that he pored thru it. Not sure that I can trust his judgement as he has "strong feelings" to magnets.

Yeah, but I'd probably do a better job filling in for him as gov. And, I'm just trying to offer you a money making suggestion. Isn't this a profit thing? :unsure:

$1.99 + your advise = less than the cost of a subway ride. :wink:

I suggest you keep the $1.99 for acting lessons. Maybe you'll find your niche starring in a B-grade movie.

In the mean time, I'll stick to creating the business plans. :smile:

I think a notice should be added to the wine clip - What would happen if I were to utilize the wine clip in addition to my tongue clip? Is there a minumum distance that the bottle should be kept (arm's length?) from my mouth ? I don't wish to suffer a chipped tooth

$1.99 + your advise = less than the cost of a subway ride. :wink:

I suggest you keep the $1.99 for acting lessons. Maybe you'll find your niche starring in a B-grade movie.

In the mean time, I'll stick to creating the business plans. :smile:

Is The Wine Clip afraid to take on Two Buck Chuck? Maybe you're right. Probably nothing can save that stuff. But candidly, I think the appeal of the Clip will turn out to be more that of a conversation piece (witness this thread) a la the Ouija Board than a serious wine improvement product. I'm just thinking you'd make a lot more $$$, selling a million at $1.99 plus whatever Trader Joe's might kick in than selling 47 at $4.99. Plus you'd get all the marketing thru the Fearless Flyer and in-store displays.

As for some proposed movie career, can't I just run the Clip over my DVDs and make my features A-Grade? God, wait till Dennis Woodruff gets this idea!

Edited by hollywood (log)